Job Description -- The Latimer Herald
Home Page >
Information for Heralds >
Senior Staff Job Descriptions >
- Is Vesper's primary assistant for book heraldry, other than conflict research.
Works with Vesper to increase the knowledge of book heraldry among the heralds
and the populace in this Kingdom. Is specifically responsible for training
heralds in the specialized skills needed in consultation.
- Is responsible for scheduling and organizing the Consultation Table. The
services of the Table are offered at Crown and Coronet Tournaments. The Table
must also be made available on a demand basis, whenever practical, to branches
which request consultation at local events or at meetings. Overseeing the Table
involves drawing up a Roster of those willing to work, making the necessary
changes in that Roster as circumstances demand, and being available to handle
problems which may arise. If Latimer cannot be available to perform these duties,
he must appoint someone to perform them.
- Should be knowledgeable in the following areas: the art and science of heraldry,
both as regards period practice and as regards SCA usage; the design of heraldic
insigniae; period naming practices and the selection of SCA names; the Rules
for Submission and the current practices of the College of Arms. Makes this
knowledge available to the College and to the populace in whatever manner is
- Should undertake research into period heraldry and naming practice, and
disseminates this knowledge to the College in whatever manner seems proper.
- May also be called upon by Vesper to perform other functions connected to
book heraldry and research, in conjunction with Brachet Herald.
- May, with the approval of Vesper, designate a deputy to assist in these
Senior Staff Heraldic Job Descriptions
Main Herald's Web Page